This corner gusset had multiple opposing offsets, and it had to meet tight tolerances to be square enough to support robotic welding. Ajax produced this complex, multifaceted progressive stamping to tolerances +/- .5°. One engineer said it couldn’t be done. Ajax did it.
- Product Description, Corner gusset for robotic weld
- Capabilities Applied/Processes, Progressive stamping with in-tool resizing
- Tightest Tolerance, +/- .5° angles. .003 inch material thickness
- Material Thickness, .060 gauge
- Material Used, Draw Quality Aluminum Killed
- Material Finish, Lightly oiled
- Industry for Use, Equipment Protection
- Volume, 250K annually
- Delivery Time, Kanban
- Delivery Location, Western Europe and North America
- Standards Met, NEMA 250
- Product Name, Corner gusset
- Project Scope, Material selection; prototyping; tool design; resizing within progressive tool to tolerance
- Design Work, Designed for progressive stamping. Provided prototypes for manufacturer test build. Designed production tool.
Let's Get Your Project Underway!
Ajax sales engineers are available to help you determine the most productive and cost-effective solution for your metal forming project.