Solenoid Shell – Progressive Stamping Electric Motor Casing
Solenoid Shell Progressive Stamping
Our client relies on Ajax to provide just-in-time inventory to its offshore manufacturing facility, without resorting to expensive air shipments or jeopardizing a complex supply chain. In addition to providing cost-effective inventory management, we devised a three-hit punch press operation to replace the drawn-over mandrel (DOM) tubing the client previously used. The redesign saved more than $1.00 per part.
- Product Name, Solenoid Shell Progressive Stamping
- Project Scope, Re-engineered from DOM to progressive stamping. Custom cell packaging.
- Product Description, Electric Motor Solenoid Casing
- Capabilities Applied/Processes, Progressive stamping, custom packaging
- Tightest Tolerance, .005 inch (Hole Diameter)
- Material Thickness, 10 GA (.134″)
- Material Used, HRPO Steel
- Material Finish, Zinc and yellow plating
- Industry for Use, Refrigeration
- Volume,75K annually
- Lead Time, Kanban
- Delivery Location, Offshore/Caribbean
- Standards Met, Customer supplied print and solid model
Let's Get Your Project Underway!
Ajax sales engineers are available to help you determine the most productive and cost-effective solution for your metal forming project.