On October 30, 2017, Heartland Equity Partners of Brooklyn Center, Minnesota acquired a majority ownership position in Ajax Metal Forming Solutions. Erick and Tom Ajax continue as equity owners and have joined the board of directors. Erick Ajax retired from day-to-day management to focus on his board duties, while Tom Ajax remains in his current production technology management position.
Don Wellman, vice president of sales and marketing, also expanded his ownership position and provides leadership for the growing customer relationship team at Ajax. All other production and office staff remain with the company.
Heartland is an investment fund focused on growth, good stewardship, and honoring the legacy of previous owners by preserving their values and creating good jobs in Midwestern communities.
Ajax was owned and managed by Tom and Erick Ajax, who are third-generation metalformers, since 1982. The company was started in 1945 by their grandfather, Erick. The proverbial inventor working out of his house, he received several patents. After several moves, driven by growth, the company occupies 50,000 sq feet at 7773 Rancher’s Road in the north Minneapolis suburb of Fridley, Minnesota. Grandpa Erick began his business based on creative ideas and hard work. We strive to keep those same principles as core to the business today.
The Ajax Pledge
At Ajax, we’re committed to having the reputation as Minnesota’s premier supplier of metal stampings. Moving forward into the decades ahead, we pledge to meet or exceed your expectations by:
- Continuing to be an ethically and socially responsible business.
- Working safely without a single lost-time injury.
- Maintaining and developing partnerships that enhance mutual success.
- Delivering every part on time and to print.
- Providing many opportunities for personal growth and achievement.
- Being the highest trained/educated and diverse team in the industry.
- Fairly compensating each team member based on job-related skills.
- Embracing and conforming to all environmental and governmental regulations.